Top 10 finalists: What’s Growing Canada video contest
We share the top 10 finalists from the What’s Growing Canada video contest, from cherries to peaches to garlic, see all the videos below!
February 10, 2020 By Fruit and Vegetable
Over the 2019 season Fruit and Vegetable magazine along with BASF teamed up to show off what’s happening on farms across Canada. We would like to thank everyone who submitted and voted in our contest. There is clearly some amazing talent not only in your fields but behind the camera.
Congratulations to Jim Casson of Haist Orchards in Fenwick, Ont. for the winning video of what goes on during cherry harvest!
1. Haist Orchards’ cherry harvest
2. Klippers Organics’ Row Fourteen restaurant
3. Field to Fork at Snyder’s Sweet Corn
4. Cooper’s CSA Farm Growing 2019
5/6. (Tie) Meadow Lynn Market Garden: About garlic scapes
5/6. (Tie) Cherry Lane Frozen Fruit: Peach Harvest and Process!
7. Crop Circle Farms: Reshaping why we grow food
8. Kernal Peanuts – Norfolk Farms at the Royal Winter Fair
9. Matz Fruit Barn August Peak Season Market Tour
10. Meadow Lynn Market Garden: How to pick strawberries
We had a chance to chat with some of the What’s Growing Canada finalists. One thing that came up time and again was the importance of community – to success, personal satisfaction, and a sense of pride in what each farmer (and Canadian agriculture as a whole) produces. Read what they had to say here.
Print this page