National Horticulture and Invasive Species ConferencePrint this page
November 08 - November 09, 2023
Calling all growers, landscapers, retailers, master gardeners, farmers, fruit and vegetable growers, government agencies, environmental organizations, Indigenous partners, organizations, and groups, among others to join us at the first national Horticulture and Invasive Species Conference in Canada.
This event aims to connect industry, environmental organizations, Indigenous communities, and government to share key information and inform national and regional approaches to address invasive species impacting horticulture (ornamental and fruits and vegetables) to protect Canada’s habitats and communities in the face of a changing climate. This event will:
- Bring together partners from all parts of the horticulture industry that can play a part in preventing horticulture pathways of spread.
- Provide an opportunity to educate, increase awareness, share knowledge.
- Identify how we could make use of the current system, create clarity around roles in the system of horticulture.
Hear from national and international experts from the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association, Canadian Society of Landscape Architects, Beyond Attitude Consulting, Morton Arboretum, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, among others on topics and sessions including:
- Emerging issues in horticulture;
- Tools in the toolbox: What tools exist in Canada to support industry to stop the spread of invasive species;
- All-hands-on-deck: Sharing initiatives, tools, and information across sectors to support collaboration;
- What is working in Canada and abroad;
- What more is needed;
- Indigenous knowledge and perspectives; and
- Identifying next steps and calls to action.
Visit event's website
Print this page