Local food marketing workshop coming to Alberta
October 11, 2017 By Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
October 11, 2017, Edmonton, Alta – Essentials of Selling Local Food takes place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on October 24, 2017, at the Wildwood Recreation Complex in Wildwood, Alta.
“This one-day workshop is for people interested in learning more about selling food direct to consumers and potentially transitioning into retail sales,” said Delores Serafin with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry. “You’ll learn about the local food opportunity, and the different farm direct marketing channels, their benefits and challenges. As well, you’ll hear about the scope of the retail market, market drivers and the pros and cons of accessing the retail market opportunity.”
At the workshop, participants will:
- meet the Alberta agriculture specialists available to assist you as you establish your food business
- hear about the regulations that apply to your food business
- Alberta Health Services will share the food regulation requirements as well as safe food handling practices
- learn everything you need to know as you assess the retail food market
- receive insights into the Yellowhead County Local Food initiative
Cost is $23.75 plus GST, and lunch and refreshments will be provided. The registration deadline is October 17, 2017. Registration can be done online or by calling 1-800-387-6030.
For more information, contact Delores Serafin at 780-427-4611 or via email at email@example.com.
Print this page