Positions open on Vineland Research and Innovation Centre’s board
July 16, 2020 By Fruit and Vegetable
The Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland), located in the Niagara Region, is looking for members to join its board of directors.
Vineland Research and Innovation Centre is a Canadian organization dedicated to horticulture science. Vineland uses its applied research and contract services to help the horticulture industry.
The Vineland campus consists of four sites including our main campus, research farms and facilities and a shared-ownership nature area. It is an independent, not-for-profit organization, funded in part by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
Now, Vineland is looking for individuals to join its board of directors and inviting nominations for membership from people with one or more of the following skills and experience:
- Business, academic or governmental experience
- Financial, legal, accounting or administrative experience
- Knowledge of the horticultural sector, e.g. scientific, technical, automation or business/marketing-related
- Experience on boards or in policy development
- Leadership and network capabilities
- Knowledge of and commitment to Vineland’s vision and mission
According to Vineland, the board and its committees generally meet four times per year and the board holds an annual retreat.
You can view more about the position description and how to apply here.
Print this page