November 8, 2021 By Fruit & Vegetable and Greenhouse Canada
In part one of our Growing Horticulture virtual roundtable discussion, we introduce you to the panellists contributing their thoughts and insights on the labour and staffing challenges that the horticulture industry is facing.
Hosted by Greta Chiu, editor of Greenhouse Canada magazine, and Alex Barnard, associate editor of Fruit & Vegetable magazine, the roundtable featured speakers from varying roles within the horticulture sector.
- Dusty Zamencik, EZ Grow Farms, Langton, Ont.
- Stephanie Slaman, John Slaman Greenhouses Ltd., Burford, Ont.
- Laura Bryce, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Surrey, B.C.
- Kim Wickwire, Olds College, Olds, Alta.
- Niki Bennett, Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers, Leamington, Ont.
- Tania Humphrey, Vineland Research and Innovation Centre, Vineland, Ont.
Thank you to A.M.A. Horticulture for sponsoring this roundtable discussion.
Print this page
- Haskap growers and AAFC’s Pest Management Centre work together for pest control options
- Growing Horticulture: Challenges