Fruit & Vegetable is launching the Canadian Fruit & Vegetable Summit live and in-person in St. Catharines this November to highlight soil and water management strategies for commercial fruit and vegetable growers.
November 24, 2023 By Fruit & Vegetable
On Nov. 29, Fruit & Vegetable magazine is launching its first in-person Canadian Fruit & Vegetable Summit, with the theme of Breaking Ground in Soil & Water. The Summit will bring together researchers, extension specialists and growers for educational sessions on key topics in soil and water. Attendees will take in expert presentations and discussions and come away with actionable insights, leading research, and best management practices to take home and use on-farm.
Our speaker line-up features industry experts, including:
- Jason Henry, lab supervisor with Vineland Research and Innovation Centre;
- Danny Jefferies, soil management specialist, horticulture, with the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA);
- Sonny Murray, berry specialist with Perennia Food and Agriculture Corp.;
- Mark Richards, vegetable and cash crop farmer, Richards Rolling Acres; and
- Kevin McKague, water quality engineer, OMAFRA.
“The best ideas come out of gatherings like this, and I’m excited to hear what our speakers and growers have to say about the future of the building blocks of agriculture – soil and water,” says Alex Barnard, editor of Fruit & Vegetable.
In addition to the speaker sessions, attendees will have opportunities to chat and share tips with fellow growers and industry personnel and check out the exhibitor section.
For more information or to register, visit fruitandvegsummit.com.
Print this page