Vineland now providing biological crop protection research services
January 19, 2022 By Vineland Research and Innovation Centre
Vineland Research and Innovation Centre in Vineland, Ont., has recently introduced biological crop protection research services.
The new services support the introduction and use of new products and integrated pest management (IPM) solutions to improve production efficiency while promoting horticulture crop quality, environmental performance and safe working conditions.
- Discovery and development of new bioprotectants:
- Macrobial – predators, parasitoids;
- Evaluation of bioprotectants, biostimulants, biosecurity practices, plant resistance traits and other IPM tools:
- Efficacy against pests and diseases;
- Plant phenotyping, morphological and physiological evaluation, plant and fruit quality assessment and phytotoxicity;
- Biochemical plant responses (metabolomics);
- Determination of mode of action, plant protection mechanisms and interactions between products and practices.
- Process analysis to develop recommendations for implementation and optimization of biological plant protection tools
Through each service, Vineland hopes to deliver impactful solutions, proven scientific excellence and reputation, vendor neutrality, integrated multi-disciplinary research, pre-commercial greenhouse and laboratory facilities and established connections along the value chain.
Print this page
Stories continue below