Ridgetown Vegetable Open House July 19
June 28, 2016 By Janice LeBoeuf OMAFRA
June 28, 2016, Ridgetown, Ont – The Ridgetown campus of the University of Guelph is hosting a vegetable open house July 19 for commercial vegetable growers and agribusiness.
Participants can choose an afternoon (1:30 – 4:30 p.m.) or evening (6 – 9 p.m.) tour. For either tour, participants are asked to meet at the Ridgetown Campus tomato breeding plots on Selton Line, just off Howard Road. Watch for the signs.
The tour will proceed to wagons on campus in Ridgetown (park beside RDC building) starting at 2:15 or 6:45 p.m. Look for the signs.
Each tour will conclude with refreshments in Willson Hall.
No preregistration is required and there is no cost.
- Herbicide tank mixes with Sandea in tomatoes
- Herbicide tank mixes for cucumbers
- Control of linuron-resistant pigweed in carrots
- Effect of residual herbicides on establishment of interseeded cereal rye in snap beans
- Fungicide programs for cucumbers and tomatoes with reduced use of chlorothalonil
- Validation of best management practices for bacterial spot in tomatoes
- Evaluation of tomato and pumpkin cultivars for tolerance to bacterial spot
- Corn, cucumber, pea variety trials
- Field pea heat tolerance
- Processing tomato, pepper and cucumber fertility
- Biodegradable mulch
- Clean seed production in garlic
- Processing tomato breeding
- Cover crops
- Nutrient management
- OMAFRA updates and more
For more information, contact Janice LeBoeuf at email@example.com or 519- 674-1699.
Print this page