Dahr replaces retiring chair Ralph McGinn who served as the board chair for the past twelve years.
Don Dahr has been involved with AgSafe, formerly FARSHA, over the years as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors, providing guidance and updates on safety issues affecting agriculture.
Dahr has a strong professional history in workplace safety. Starting early in his career as an electrician he worked to address workplace electrical safety needs in the agricultural and farming sector throughout Alberta and northern B.C.
After a move to B.C., Dahr took a position with WorkSafeBC as a safety officer, eventually becoming WorkSafeBC’s director of ILS, overseeing the management of three of the major high risk industries in the province - agriculture, oil and gas, and forestry. Dahr retired from WorkSafeBC in 2014.
Wendy Bennett, AgSafe executive director welcomed Dahr as the new board chair, “Don’s involvement with AgSafe in the past has been very valuable. He is committed to creating safe work environments and that is what AgSafe does. It’s a great fit for our organization.”
Professional acknowledgements and safety projects:
- Recipient, Lieutenant Governors’ Award for Public Safety
- Chair, OSH Regulation Update for Part 19 Electrical Safety
- President, Electrical Contractors Association Central Alberta
- Member, Board of Directors BC Cooperative Association of B.C.
- Resource Roads Safety Project
- Confined Spaces in Agriculture Risk and Identification Initiative