AgAnnex Talks: Getting real about succession
Do you have a succession plan? Bob Tosh, family enterprise advisor with MNP, says this question isn’t a good place to start when it comes to thinking about the succession planning process.
Farms face a different set of circumstances than most other businesses during transition. In this episode, Tosh shares advice he has given throughout his years as an advisor and offers perspective to current and next-generation farmers engaging with the succession process. Doug Johnston, a fifth-generation grain and dairy producer, also shares his succession experience and offers some frank advice for fellow producers.
- Family Farm Succession website
- Tips for young farmers: Getting started on farm transition planning
- Strangers in Paradise: How Families Adapt to Wealth Across Generations
- Succession planning resource round-up
- You can find Doug Johnston on Twitter at @maplevue
- Focus on: Succession planning digital edition