Exporters will have the option to apply for a phytosanitary certificates online, through My CFIA. Rather than having to drive, fax, or email an application to a local CFIA office, industry will be able to submit and pay for their service request(s) through the My CFIA portal.
In addition, My CFIA users can also access the system 24/7 to track, manage, copy, and reuse their applications for future requests.
Using My CFIA may also lead to applications being processed faster than applications submitted through email, mail or fax.
As a plant exporter, you will be able to request phytosanitary certificates through My CFIA starting in late fall 2019. By signing up for a My CFIA account, you will be able to:
- Add details about your certificate online at your convenience
- Create templates for frequently exported product and destination combinations
- Access draft certificates required for pre-clearance into an importing country
- Request replacements certificates
- Modify transportation and consignee details prior to certificate issuance
- Upload lab results required for your service request
- Amend a request submitted online
- Add multiple products to your online service request
- Access templates with information pre-populated based on your profile
- Receive an immediate system notification of certificate issuance
- Print your electronically signed certificate from your portal dashboard
- Have direct billing for CFIA services
In order to take advantage of online phytosanitary certificates, you will need to sign up for a My CFIA account. If you do not already have one, you can learn how to sign up so you are ready to request phytosanitary certificates this fall.
CFIA recently notified its international trading partners of the upcoming move to electronic phytosanitary certificates. In the letter, trading partners were made aware of the Agency's plan to continue to add additional export certifications in My CFIA, as per the World Trade Organization Notification that was published last year.
For more information, CLICK HERE.