The University of Guelph (U of G) has a long history of successfully collaborating with industry, community and government partners to provide our students with deep learning opportunities and work experiences.
The Flexible Internship Program is an innovative pilot program, which is comprised of an upper-year university credit course designed to teach job relevant skills and an internship with an industry partner.
The U of G is seeking support from industry partners located in Canada and internationally, to establish internships/practica, which will benefit the agri-food sector. Industry expertise will inform this course’s development and assessment to ensure that the offering meets industry needs.
Benefits for Employers:
- Flexible internship model for employers
- Opportunity to provide input on industry-relevant skills and needs
- Stronger talent pipelines for industry
- Strategic partnership opportunity
- Internships offered either in a concentrated period (i.e. 1 week) or part-time over several weeks/months
- Internships will be open to undergraduate students across most disciplines
- 40-hour, unpaid internships that benefit the agri-food sector
- In workplace setting, with the potential for some remote work
- Internship must be structured with purposeful and meaningful activities
- Two-way feedback from students and partners to ensure continuous improvement
- Partners eligible for funding to cover participation costs during pilot
Click here to view to view the Policy Agreement for the Flexible Internship Program, University of Guelph.