April 11, 2012 By Press release
April 11, 2012, Guelph, Ont – Bayer CropScience is introducing Titan Emesto, a liquid insecticide and fungicide potato seed-piece treatment for protection against major insects and diseases.
Titan Emesto features a coloured formulation to ensure growers can uniformly and safely apply it to potato seed-pieces to maximize pest control and yield potential. The product provides fusarium protection, seed-borne rhizoctonia control, activity on silver scurf and insect control.
“Titan Emesto is a co-pak of Titan, the broadest spectrum potato seed-piece insecticide, and Emesto Silver, a new potato seed-piece fungicide with two new modes of action protecting against major diseases,” says David Kikkert, portfolio manager for horticulture with Bayer CropScience. “Growers will benefit from the outstanding protection provided by Titan Emesto against fusarium tuber rot including current resistant strains, seed-borne rhizoctonia, silver scurf, Colorado potato beetle, leafhopper, aphids and flea beetle, and reduces the damage caused by wireworms.”
Key benefits include:
- New coloured formulation that facilitates safe and uniform application
- New fungicide chemistries for potato seed-piece treatment. Two new modes of action contributing to the fight against disease resistance.
- Fusarium tuber rot control (including current resistant strains)
- Control of seed-borne rhizoctonia (black scurf, stem and stolon canker)
- Activity on silver scurf (Helminthosporium spp.)
- Insect control
- Low dose rate
“To achieve optimal disease and insect control, growers must ensure good uniform coverage of the potato seed-piece,” says Andrew Dornan, field development Rep for Eastern Canada with Bayer CropScience. “Our coloured formulation is a unique feature making it easy for growers to see and experience the difference Titan Emesto makes.”
For more information regarding Titan Emesto, visit BayerCropScience.ca.
Print this page