New EFAO BIPOC Equity and Accountability Committee looking for members
July 27, 2021 By Fruit and Vegetable
The Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario (EFAO) have announced the formation of their first BIPOC Equity & Accountability Committee. According to the EFAO, this committee will advise, assess and evaluate the association’s efforts towards its equity and anti-racism goals. The EFAO will be accountable to the committee.
EFAO consulted with BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) farmers and members in the first half of 2021 to create an anti-racism action plan with measurable goal, on which they will continue to work on an evolving, ongoing process.
Full committee details can be found here. However, here are the key nuts and bolts:
- This Committee is a BIPOC-only space, chaired by EFAO’s Anti-Racism & Equity Consultant, Angel Beyde;
- Virtual meetings will take place quarterly, for a duration of 1 to 1.5 hours (maximum);
- Compensation is $75 per committee member per meeting;
- Terms on the committee will last one to three years;
- Committee members will receive a complimentary ticket to EFAO’s Annual Conference;
- The Committee will advise and evaluate a broad and diverse scope of EFAO’s development and activities at all levels of the organization.
Those interested are asked to complete the online application form by Aug. 15; applicants will be contacted by Sept. 8. For more information, visit the EFAO BIPOC committee page.
Print this page