Growing Forward 2 information sessions announced
May 1, 2013 By Stefanie Croley
May 1, 2013, Guelph, Ont. – Farmers, processors and organizations can attend one of nine upcoming information sessions to learn more about the new programs and cost-share opportunities being rolled out under Growing Forward 2.
The sessions will include program details, as well as information on upcoming application deadlines and what may be required to apply for cost-share funding.
Five new regional program leads have been hired. Margaret May, Lois Sinclair, Paul Reeds, Arlene Ross and Claude Péloquin are strategically located across the province and will deliver workshops as well as assist with development activities.
There are nine in-person sessions with options to join via WebEx for three of these sessions. These will take place as follows:
- May 30, Ambassador Hotel, Sudbury, starting at 1:30 p.m.
- May 31, Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Centre, Barrie, starting at 9:30 a.m. with option to join via WebEx
- June 3, Four Points Sheraton, London, starting at 1:30 p.m.
- June 3, Four Points Sheraton, London, starting at 7 p.m.
- June 4, Holiday Inn, Guelph, starting at 1:30 p.m. with option to join via WebEx
- June 4, Holiday Inn, Guelph, starting at 7 p.m.
- June 5, Kemptville College, starting at 1:30 p.m.
- June 6, Ramada Inn, Trenton, starting at 9:30 a.m.
- June 7, French only, Alfred College, Alfred, starting at 9:30 a.m. with option to join via WebEx
Pre-registration for the information meetings is available at http://registration.wildapricot.org. Dates for upcoming Canada-Ontario Environmental Farm Plan and Growing Your Farm Profits workshops will be available in May. Funding support is planned to be available for education, training, planning and skills development by summer. Farm businesses will be able to find out more about funding assistance for projects by the fall season; these will be assessed according to merit criteria.
Print this page