May 13, 2014, Brantford, Ont – Next month’s Greenhouse Canada Grower Day is “Covering The Bases” with several profit-building sessions and a mini trade show of leading edge products and technologies.
Grower Day returns to Brantford, Ont., on June 18. It will be held at the Best Western Plus Brant Park Inn of Brantford, located immediately south of Hwy. 403 at the Wayne Gretzky Parkway interchange.
Registration and the trade show opens at 8:30 a.m.
The Early Bird discount continues to May 18. Group discounts are also available.
Session topics and speakers include:
- The Latest on Poinsettia Production, with Gary Vollmer (Ball Floraplant). Want more celebration and less frustration when growing this holiday season crop? Learn to earn more with poinsettias.
- Fertilizing: Give the Plant Only What It Needs, with Bill MacDonald (Niagara College). It’s a case of “waste not, want not,” as MacDonald will explain how to nurture, not torture, your plants!
- A Banker’s View of the Greenhouse Sector, with Frank Vogel (a senior business advisor at CIBC). The smoother your relationship with your lender, the better the dividends!
- Grower/Owner Panel (Are We On the Same Page?), with Danielle Galange (Jeffery’s Greenhouses) and Ted Oorsprong (Northend Gardens). How well do we communicate? Are we speaking the same language and chasing the same goals? It’s all about teamwork.
- Innovations in Biocontrol: Improving Impact and Reliability in Greenhouse IPM Systems, with Michael Brownbridge, PhD, of Vineland Research and Innovation Centre.
- Automated Sticking and Cutting Costs, with John Van de Vegte (Vineland Research and Innovation Centre). Mechanization can boost productivity with no loss in quality, and allow staff to spend more time optimizing your crop. That’s a win-win-win in our books!
- Flowers Canada Ontario: Working for You, with Andrew Morse. More about teamwork! FCO is dedicated to help you achieve a winning season, year-in and year-out.
- Alternative Crops to Impatiens, with Amy Briggs-Macha of Syngenta Flowers. If you’re cutting back on impatiens, what are your options to fill out your crop mix? The alternatives can be just as profitable for you, and just as satisfying for your customers.
For more information, visit www.greenhousecanada.com/grower-day.
Print this page