Alberta Agriculture and Forestry has organized a full day workshop in Olds, Alta., to provide new or potential sour cherry and haskap producers with information on all aspects of growing these crops, from planting to harvest.
Participants will receive information on varietal selection, establishment, maintenance and harvest of both fruit crops, as well as more detailed information that applies to more advanced growers, in an evening session.
Economic realities and the importance of understanding and identifying target markets will also be covered.
Date: February 21, 2018
- 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. – Registration
- 9 a.m. to noon – Dwarf sour cherry sessions
- Noon to 12:40 p.m. – Lunch (lunch and snacks provided)
- 12:40 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Economics and introductory haskap sessions
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. – Advanced haskap sessions
Cost: $20 per person (plus GST), full day, includes lunch, snacks and reference materials for each farm operation; $10/person (plus GST) (afternoon/evening advanced haskap sessions only)
Participants are asked to register in advance by calling the Ag-Info Centre Registration line at 1-800-387-6030 before to Feb. 14, 2018, to assist with planning. On-line registration is also available.