Explore Horticulture Workshop
December 18, 2012 By Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development
December 18, 2012 – An upcoming workshop is being offered by Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development to introduce people to the direct marketing of fruit and vegetables.
The introductory session, being held in six locations, will focus on opportunities in the horticulture industry, more specifically direct market fruit and/or vegetables. The workshop focuses on the potential value of entering the industry and some key factors and information needed to help make the initial decision to enter the industry. These workshops are targeted to individuals who are interested in learning more about and diversifying into the horticulture industry.
- January 22, 2013 – Lacombe Memorial Centre – Lacombe
- January 23, 2013 – Veteran Community Hall – Veteran
- January 24, 2013 – Millet Agriplex Banquet Hall – Millet
- January 25, 2013 – Grande Prairie – location to be determine
- January 31, 2013 – Agliplex – Alberta Beach
- February 7, 2013 – Highwood Memorial Centre – High River
Registration for the workshops is being handled by the respective municipality partners (MD of Foothills, Lacombe County, Special Areas #4, Leduc/Wetaskiwin Counties, Lac Ste Anne County and Heritage Farms – Grande Prairie).
For more information, contact Erin Gowriluck, or Rob Spencer, commercial horticulture specialist with Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development, toll-free at 310-FARM (3276).
Print this page