High Tech Precision Orchard Spraying webinar
July 20, 2020
On July 20, 2020 at 4:00 pm EST, Cornell Cooperative Extension will be hosting a webinar with Jason Deveau (OMAFRA), Heping Zhu (USDA) and Steve Booher (Smart Guided Systems) to learn what’s new in orchard precision spraying technology. More information can be found on the Cornell Cooperative Extension website.
Jason Deveau, OMAFRA
- The physics of pressure and flow (opening definitions and context).
- The relationship between flow and travel speed on application rate: The plants perspective.
- Rate controllers: Why haven’t air-assist sprayers adopted this technology (New since 1985!) How rate controllers solve problems (and cause a couple).
- Rate controllers: Three levels of sophistication.
- Rate controllers: The gateway to precision agriculture and traceability.
Heping Zhu, USDA ARS, and Steve Booher, Smart Guided Systems
- Basic theory and science behind the smart apply precision spray system
- Results of field tests
- Current Smart Apply commercial products and what growers can do with them
Visit event's website
Print this page