Charlottetown host city for September haskap berry workshop
The International Haskap Berry Workshop will be held Sept. 2, 2020 in Charlottetown, P.E.I.
The event is part of the 12th International Vaccinium Symposium and will include oral presenters, a poster session, a panel discussion and networking opportunities. Topics will include breeding and new cultivar selections, sustainable crop production systems, value-added food processing, health benefits and the marketing of haskap berry.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Dr. Bob Bors of the University of Saskatchewan, who will speak about two decades of breeding haskap to improve fruit quality.
• Dr. Andrew Hammermeister of Dalhousie University, who will speak about optimization of field production of haskap berry in North America.
• Zach Miller of Montana State University, who will speak about differences among haskap cultivars in yields and berry qualities over four years.
• Dr. Su-Ling Brooks of Dalhousie University, who will speak about haskap berry processing.
• Dr. Vasantha Rupasinghe of Dalhousie University, who will speak about haskap berry anthocyanins and their potential health benefits.
Submission for the oral or poster presentation is Jan. 10.
Registration for the one-day workshop is $250, or $750 for the full symposium, including the haskap workshop.
For registration details and other information, click here.