CABEF announces 2022 winners of national agricultural scholarship
June 20, 2022 By Fruit & Vegetable
The Canadian Agri-Business Education Foundation (CABEF) has announced the seven students from across the country to receive their 2022 Pathways to Agri-Food scholarships. The $2,500 scholarships are awarded annually to students entering or currently pursuing an agricultural or agri-food-related program at a Canadian college, university or technical institution.
This year’s recipients are:
- Annalise Steadman, Victoria;
- Seanna Wengryn, Edmonton;
- Mariah Maurer, Grenfell, Sask.;
- Emily Robb, Brandon, Man.;
- Emily Bieman, Belgrave, Ont.;
- Devin Keenan, Cleveland, Que.; and
- Jill Lockerby, Hamilton, P.E.I.
Applicants are assessed on a combination of their leadership attributes and a written or video response to a prompt on the topic of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the agriculture and agri-food sectors. They are asked to describe why these topics are crucial to address and outline one concrete action the industry can take to be more equitable, diverse and inclusive.
“It is clear this year’s applicants will champion equity, diversity and inclusion during their careers,” said Beck Parker, CABEF board chair, in an official statement.
Print this page
- Nursery and orchard deaths of apple and pear trees
- OMAFRA: Identifying and managing winter-damaged grape vines