Agricultural Adaptation Council elects new board
March 31, 2008 By Fruit & Vegetable
The Agricultural Adaptation
Council (AAC) celebrated its 10th anniversary and elected a new board
during its annual meeting held in early February.
The Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC) celebrated its 10th anniversary and elected a new board during its annual meeting held in early February. The AAC’s 65 agricultural, agri-business and rural member organizations elected 16 individuals to comprise the council’s board of directors.
The new executive for the AAC board is as follows:
• Chair: Bette Jean Crews, Ontario Federation of Agriculture
• Vice-Chair: Kim Turnbull, Grains Oilseeds and Specialty Crops
• Executive Member: Gord Johnson, Dairy
• Treasurer: Fred Wagner, Grains, Oilseeds and Specialty Crops
• Secretary: Alain Delorme, Rural Life
More than 120 stakeholders attended the event. To date, AAC directors have been responsible for approving more than 1,660 projects, allocating more than $114 million in funding. The AAC is a non-profit grassroots coalition dedicated to providing financial resources to assist Ontario’s agriculture and agri-food industry remain profitable, grow and maintain its economic strength.
Print this page